Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Clean And Simple Boutique Cards


Clean And Simple Boutique Card



Simple minimal boutique cards have been all the rage for quite some time now. Keeping it simple with just a little bit of foil creates a card that will be memorable or a long time.

This is another of my series of classes as I journey towards the completion of my Altenew Educator Certification classes. I loved this particular class, because while I do enjoy foiling a lot, toner sheets and or toner products can be pricey. This technique shows you how to use foil without any toner products. As a matter of fact, you more than likely have everything that you need in your stash on hand.

You use two of the layered stamps to complete your card. The outline stamp as well as one of the detail layers. Instead of toner sheets, you use embossing ink (like Versamark) and clear embossing powder. The first layered is stamped in ink. The second layer as well as any other design pieces are stamped with embossing ink and covered with clear embossing powder that is heated with a heat gun. Foil is then used on top of the design, shiny side up and laminated with heat. If you have ever heat embossed, this card technique is a dream. The Altenew layering stamps make it easy to get the right impression both with a stamping platform or an acrylic block.

My design for this card added some color with Altenew ink after the foiling process was complete. I fussy cut the design and added it to a card base to create a little dimension.



My second card was designed staying true to the original concept with another twist. I created two flowers and fussy cut them. I stamped the layered leaves on the card base. Then I used a bit of foam tape to raise the two flowers up for added dimension.


Curious about the stamp sets that I used? I have listed them here in case you are interested. I may earn a commission at no cost to you if you decide that you would like to add these sets to your collection. We have also included some additional products below for this project. While we may earn some commissions, they are at no additional cost to you. We use them to develop this community.

Beautiful Day Stamp Set

Mini Hello Stamp Set

Thank you for stopping by! The opportunity that I have been given through these classes gives me the opportunity to share with you, and I consider that a blessing.



Please drop a comment and let me know what you think of these designs. We always love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments. 

Till next time, Happy Crafting!

Linda