Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Easy Die Cutting Techniques






Welcome to my journey as I move forward with my classes on the road to becoming an Altenew Educator. We often think of die cutting as being a difficult project when we are designing a greeting card to share with someone special. 

But it does not have to be all that hard once we understand the basics of die cutting. One of the things that I love about the products That I used was that the stramp set has a coordinating die set. I have to say that this makes the process so much easier.

One of my favorite techniques is to use vellum to create die cuts and then use inks to color the background of the die cuts. I love to stamp the die cut either with Versamark clear ink of any of the Altenew Crisp Inks. (Yes, you can use the crisp inks to apply white embossing powder.) Then you apply white embossing powder and heat emboss your die cuts.

The next step is to apply any color of ink to the back of the vellum. This gives your die cuts a very soft look.

Finally, you use the coordinating die cuts to die cut the shapes. Attach them to your card and you have created a custom card that is special in very little time.


So, what did I use to create this vellum flower card?
  • Puffy Heart Crisp Ink
  • Just Green Crisp Ink
  • Painted Flowers Die and Stamp Set
  • White vellum
  • Gold Embossing powder
  • Embossing bag
  • Heat gun
  • White cardstock
  • Printed cardstock
  • Pink gems
  • Double sided adhesive
  • Foam Dots
You can do so many other designs using the combination stamps and die cutting sets. I am eager to try using other combinations to create some custom and unique designs.

I hope that you will give this idea a try. Every time you try something new, you grow and get the satisfaction of gaining new talent in the paper crafts that we love to create and share.

Thans you for sharing this journey with me. We would love to know your thoughts and comments on this project.





Till next time, Happy Crafting!

Linda

.