Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Layering Stamped Images




Creating cards has been my passion for many years. Because we can all learn and grow with whatever passion we may have, I decided to take the Altenew Educator Program. This is the fourth of a group of lessons on layering stamps. From my experience this course is so well developed that I have learned more in just a few weeks than I ever thought possible.

The example I have chosen is called Exotic Tulips. It is a great set of stamps and dyes that are easy to work with. There are specific grooves and areas that make the layering easier than you could imagine. I have developed a nice eye for layering as I move through this course.

I used the Altenew pigment inks for this project. I like the color families in these inks. It makes it very easy to layer when you have the right color family. There are unlimited choices when using the Exotic Tulips stamp set. Combinations of color gives you many options.

One of the things that I appreciate most about these stamp sets is the fact that they have layering guides. These guides show you how to use the stamps, in what order to use them and how to place them. It makes it so easy to work with each set.

The Exotic Tulip collection has both stamps and dies either purchased together or separately. It has three flowers, stems and leaves, plus two small sentiments. I wanted to give the idea of a flower bouquet coming from the card.

My Supplies
  • Exotic Tulip Stamp Set
  • Pink Pearl Pigment Ink
  • Coral Bliss Pigment Ink
  • Purple Wine Pigment Ink
  • Just Green Pigment Ink
  • Moss Pigment Ink
  • White Cardstock base
  • Pink Cardstock
  • PVA glue
  • Foam Dots
  • Pink Ribbon
  1. The first thing that I did was to stamp each tulip for my project. I selected my colors and layered each flower according to the directions; Lightest color is always at the bottom and then you build on your colors.
  2. I used the dies for this collection to cut all the flowers out once they were dry.
  3. I then did the leaves for the bouquet. They only have two colors, so they were very easy to work with. Once they were dry, I die cut them also. 
  4. Instead of die cutting the flowers and leaves, you could also fussy cut them. I use a very small pair of scissors and move the paper rather than the scissors. The flowers and leaves are easy to cut. I did that with some Easter cards that I made
  5. The next step is to adhere the background paper to the inside of the card. I used double sided tape to make it stay on the cardstock.
  6. Now, I position the flowers on the card. Some were glued and some I used foam dots to create a three D effect. 
  7. Then, I positioned the leaves and adhered them to the card
  8. I stamped the sentiment, layered it on a small piece of cardstock and adhered it on the card with foam dots. 
  9. Finally, I created a bow and used Foam dots to set it on the card



I hope that you give layering a try. It is fun to make and rewarding to see the results. Thank you for stopping by and visiting. 

We always love to hear your thoughts and comments to leave a note and let us know what you think of this project.



Till next time,

HAPPY CRAFTING!

Linda