Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Layered Rose-Tips And Ideas


The Sweet Rose Bouquet is elegant and fun to work with 

Welcome to my journey as I learn and grow through the Altenew educator program which is called the Altrenew Academy.  this is an example of my third group of lessons. While each step is a bit of a challenge, the classes and the videos are easy to follow, and I find my skills growing with each step.

The Sweet Rose Bouquet is one of my favorite stamp sets. The details in the layers are truly extraordinary. You use four colors in the same color family to get the effects on the flowers. The design of the stamps makes it relatively easy to layer with just a few steps. I thought that the nesting dies that I layered in these examples gave the roses a bit of nostalgic effect. 

The Sweet Rose Bouquet would be perfect for Valentine's Day of course. But I would also use it for a birthday, a get well and a sympathy card. They can also be fussy cut and layered to create a different effect.

Supplies For This Card

  • 5 x 7 " card base
  • 4 1/2 " x 6 1/2 " layer
  • 5 1/4 " x 4 1/2" layer
  • Cardstock
  • 2 nested lace die cuts
  • Die cut heart and sentiment
  • Double sided tape
  • Foam tape
  • White PVA glue
  • Sweet Rose Bouquet Stamp Set
  • Altenew Frosty Pink Crisp Ink
  • Altenew Candy Shop Crisp Ink
  • Altenew Puffy heart Crisp Ink
  • Altenew Purple Wine Crisp Ink
  • Altenew Sweet Leaf Crisp Ink
  • Altenew Just Green Crisp Ink
Once I stamped the image and die cut the stamped image as well as the layer underneath. It was time to build my layers, The nested die layers and the layer under them were all put together with the double-sided tape. The largest layer was taped to the base. The die cut layer was then attached to the base using the foam tape, The die cut sentiment was added on with glue.




Here is a similar card using the same stamp set with a blue color family. You can use any color family that you have. But you want to make sure that the stamp pads that you are using are very juicy. That is why I use the Altenew Crisp Ink Pads. 

Now that you have seen the possibilities for the Sweet Rose Bouquet stamp set, how would you use these lovely images? 





Till the next time,

Happy Crafting!

Linda