Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Vintage Flowers

 




How could you not like the vintage flower collection from Altenew. This is a collection that gives you so many options, you will find yourself going back to it over and over again. 

There are in the collection two main flowers that are layered. One is layered in three layers, and one is layered in four layers. Though they are a bit challenging, they are well marked and the guide that comes with the stamp set guides you to create some very detailed designs. As you start getting to create these flowers, you will see that you can layer in different ways as I have in the card above.

A simple grouping, some greenery, and sentiment make a lovely card that you will be proud to give away. I mounted my cards with some foam mounting tape to give extra depth to my flowers. Though I worked in Altenew blue dye color families, you could create these in any color combination. You need to have at least three to four graduated colors.  I also worked in the pink family of colors on the second card. Using the color families in these inks makes it almost impossible to make a mistake. 

I like to line up my stamps from bottom to top so that I always get them in the right order. I line up my ink pads right next to them to eliminate any chance of making a mistake. 

There are lots of different flowers in this collection and even branches that can help you create some lovely spring-like cards. I create cards for nursing homes and other charities. Many of these do not like things on them that the residents can pull off. This stamp set will create lots of images that do not need extra embellishment at all.

I did add some Wink of Stella to the flowers to give them a little glittery effect.

This is another group of stamps from the same set. The flowers have three layers and work up beautifully every time that you use them.

This was all part of my layering class from the Altenew Educator series which I am proud to be a part of. If you have a chance to take any of the lessons, I highly recommend them. You can learn a great deal in just one lesson.
t.



 

.

Thanks for stopping by!
Till nest time, Happy Crafting!

Linda




Create The Vintage Flower Design With These Tools And Supplies