Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Irresistible Inking Ideas







My journey down the road through the Educator Program at Altenew Academy has taken into many directions. But my current class on irresistible inking techniques.  has been one of the most fun and engaging classes yet. It used some new ideas and combined them with things we had learned in previous classes. I love using my ink pads to create something different and unique.

Before you use any ink on these images, you need to emboss the image onto your paper. That is a simple process of using an embossing ink to stamp the image, using a embossing powder and a heat gun to melt and dry the applied embossing powder. Using embossing ink and powder gives you a base to add color that will not smudge once you get started on irresistible inking. 

For this project, I used the Altenew Fresh Bloom Layering Stamp Set. There is more than one way to use this set. You can choose to use all of the layers or just a couple as I did. In this case, I colored the base of the flowers with Pink Pearl Crisp Dye Ink. Since the dye inks in this line are compatible with water, it is easy to create a watercolor look on your flower base. Lay some ink on a craft mat, spritz it with water and paint your flower base with a fine brush. Let it dry and you are ready for the next layer. 

The second color that I chose was the Altenew Coral Bliss Crisp Dye Ink. Once the base color was completely dry, I inked up the second layer of this flower and added it on top of the first. It is very easy to layer with this stamp set. Just line the second layer up and you will get great results. There are several layers in this stamp set, so you can see which one fits your needs best.

The leaves were also done with a base layer and a second layer using Altenew Frayed Leaf Crisp Dye Ink and Moss Crisp Dye Ink.

Since this card is for a special granddaughter, I wanted to add some extra bling and color to the project.]

So, to get a bit of extra color, I tool some Altenew Mango Smoothie Crisp Dye Ink and rolled it onto a shiny piece of cardstock with a brayer. This gives a soft pastel look to any project you may be working on. Make sure to let the paper dry for a few minutes. If you have some photo paper, it will work n that as well. You can roll as much ink as you would like on your paper (This would be perfect for matting photos on a scrapbook page. Another way to get more use from your inks.

The blue page was done the same way with together. I Dew Drops Crisp Dye Ink. I love these colors working together. I added a few gems and my piece of bling at the bottom and my card was complete.



I hope you have enjoyed these ideas. Thanks for stopping by. 

Happy Crafting!

Linda