Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Cleaning Your Paper Trimmer









I am not always the neatest paper crafter. I have a tendency to get lost in my projects. Before long it is time to get supper or run some errands and I put off some chores in my craft space. Then one day, I cannot figure out why my beloved paper cutter is not cutting nicely. Today was one of those days, and I knew it was time to get busy doing some maintenance. Thought I would share a few tips with you.

  1. Check your blade to make sure that it is sharp. A dull blade makes for a very frustrating cut. Always have a replacement blade handy, so that you do not have to stop a project midway.
  2. Clean the groove where the blade goes in. I take a knife or a thin scissor. You would be surprised how much paper will come out of that. That will certainly clog things up
  3. Take a baby wipe or a disinfectant wipe. Clean the surface where the paper sits on.
  4. Clean the blade cover housing ! Gunk can certainly collect on that after a while.
You could also use some WD40 and a tooth brush too.

How do you clean your paper trimmer?