Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2022

Easy Ink Blending Techniques



I am continuing with my journey with the Altenew Academy. Each group of lessons brings me closer to my goal of becoming an Altenew Academy Instructor. Today I am sharing a technique from my Easy Ink Blending classes.

I love to blend inks to create colorful custom paper in the colors that match the images that I have used in my design. I will never be without the right solid paper again!

There are different tools that you can use to blend your inks. In larger projects like this, I prefer to use a blending tool. They come in both round and square. The pads last a long time. So, I keep them in a sectioned container with labels saying what color they are. That way I can use them for quite a lot of time, and I will get the color to match my pads.

I have found that the crisp dye inks from Altenew blend beautifully. They are nice and juicy which makes blending easier than other inks.

Use a craft pad or some parchment paper on your work surface. Load the ink on your blending tool. Tap the blending tool once on your mat, then working slightly off the cardstock, blend in circles working on the cardstock till you are pleased with the color. 

Different color combinations can give you different looks. 

For these cards, we used dies on the edge of the printed part of the card to allow the ink blended cardstock to show through. You can use just about any edge die to create an edge that fits in your design. Stamp your design. Then use the edge die to cut an interesting edge. 

Adhere the layers of your card with double sided tape. Add a sentiment and you have a one-of-a-kind custom greeting card.

I added some sequins and some gems to add interest to your project.

The stamp set that I used for this project is Vintage Roses Stamp Set. This is a wonderful set of layered stamps that gives you so many options when it comes to creating your cards

I hope that this [project inspires you to give ink blending a try. This technique gives you opportunities to create your own custom projects with supplies and tools that you already may have.






Till next time,
Happy Crafting!

Linda